Monday, May 12, 2008

Day 133 - Rain and more rain

It rained steadily yesterday afternoon and last night and when I checked our gauge this morning, this is what I found:
and this is what I saw across the fields behind our house. Compare this view to my post of April 21.

This afternoon I went out for a look-see at the flooding. Here is the view looking back toward our house from the other side of the fields. Notice the geese in the lower left enjoying a swim.

And another photo looking to the right of the above. Notice the fence post in the water. I also posted more photos on my other blog.

2 comments:

Gawdess said...

you may need to build an ark if it keeps up.

Sandie said...

We have had a lot of rain too. My creek has flooded over a couple of times, the water is pretty, but it makes the grass grow faster than we can cut it.