Wednesday, October 17, 2012

PhotoShop - Candle goblet

I use PhotoShop Elements to prepare my images for posting. Generally, I resize to a 900x600 or 600x900 pixel size and save in low resolution. (Note that Blogger further reduces the size depending on the template.) I rename the images I want to save (so I can search by subject) with date (YYMMDD), subject, edits applied. The edits loosely correspond to the PhotoShop commands (-s900 for size; -crop; -con for contrast; etc.). If your browser supports "right click, properties" you will see the edits I have done. The above image was taken with the light from our living room window behind the candle holder. It has only been resized. Below are two steps which to me yield an improved image. 

 Cropped a little and adjusted shadows.

And finally, auto adjusted color and added a little contrast.

2 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Lew: So nicely captured and shown. So many time we need to make minor modifications to make great improvements.

imac said...

Glad you enjoy playing Lew, like me.
Real Class-Glass work my friend.