Saturday, February 16, 2008

PhotoHunt - Free

The picture above is the United States Air Force Memorial, which was dedicated in 2006. We are free because we have had, and continue to have, dedicated men and women serve our nation in times of war. I thank them for their service and sacrifice to our nation. The picture below shows where many who gave the ultimate sacrifice now rest and the last picture is where many work to keep us free.

Arlington National Cemetery
The Pentagon with Washington, DC in the background

7 comments:

Alison said...

Lew - your photo has a similar theme to mine... please check it out at http://crazytobeme.wordpress.com/
Peace and God bless America!

LB said...

Nice pictures. Hope you have a nice weekend.

Corey~living and loving said...

wonderful choice for the theme. thank you!
happy weekend.

Anonymous said...

There's a theme going on today. I just came from the Memorial in Hawaii. Excellent choice for the theme!

Desert Songbird said...

My family has a long history of military service. That first photo is very striking.

maryt/theteach said...

Lew, I've never seen that memorial. How appropriate for the Air Force!! Did you see my "free" photos? American flag flying...

Dragonstar said...

I've never seen that memorial. It's beautiful. Thanks for showing me this.