Thursday, February 21, 2008

Day 52 - After the eclipse (revised)

After I posted the pictures below, I decided to try my recurring theme "rear window view" in moonlight. The above was taken from my ground level office. To the left of the bird bath and on the other side of the fence is a deer. There were 15 of them grazing in the snow-covered field.

I took these pictures from our dining room window a little before 1:00 AM EST. The snow had stopped, the sky cleared and the eclipse was over. Looking up I got some reflection from the window in the picture of the moon through the trees. Below is the shadow of the same tree on the snow. I set the camera on my tripod and let it do the exposure automatically (about 6 seconds). I did go out earlier to see the eclipse at about the half-way point, but did not want to set up the tripod in the snow.

5 comments:

crowdog66 said...

What truly beautiful pictures, especially the tree shadow. I love the shapes. :-)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous moonlight pictures!

Gawdess said...

I love the tree in moonshadow, the coolness of the light comes through so well.

maryt/theteach said...

Beautiful pix Lew! When I got up at about 2 in the morning it was so bright out! the moon was brighter than I've ever seen it! You have such lovely scenery around you! :)

Debi said...

Oh my, these are spectacular! Especially love the tree shadow.