Sunday, March 18, 2012

Verified words? - 21-st edition

Verified Words are new words created by blogger to test our ability to decipher strange fonts (and foil the spammers). Occasionally, blogger provides a real word when I comment on your blogs. I am posting new editions in place of "Odd Shots" for a while. I am including some double word phrases that have appeared recently on blogger. They are harder to "spoof" than the single words and also give dictionary.com and wikipedia problems. since wikipedia is a worldwide resource, it often finds names of people and/or places. "Kolachal" (see below) is a port town on the southern tip of India (also spelled "Colachal").

Here are three more of my definitions along with the suggestions of dictionary.com and wikipedia. First edition was posted as Round 1. Today's words:

emulog
dictionary.com - NOT a word, suggested "emulge".
wikipedia - NOT a word, suggested "eulogy".
Lew's definition: e-mu-log - Where the emu sits to have lunch.

fficeyo some
dictionary.com - NOT a word, suggested "office some".
wikipedia - NOT suggested "ficino some"
Lew's definition: ff-i-ce-yo some - If I see you some (when I cannot match the full bet).

kulachol
dictionary.com - NOT a word, suggested "kolach"
wikipedia - NOT a word, suggested "Kolachal".
Lew's definition: kul-ac-hol - when you ask for this, the bartender says "you've had enough!".

1 comment:

Virginia said...

HA!!! Actually just the other day I was thinking that either I'm getting better at the WV game or Blogger is using easier to read words! It's like a little game I'm playing with myself to outwit dementia!
V