Thursday, January 1, 2009

Project 365 wrap-up

I have successfully taken and posted a picture a day for 2008 along with other Project 365 bloggers. My thanks to Marianne - the love of my life - who showed me the way with her own two-year project, support and encouragement. My thanks also to Karin of Frozen in Time who hosted the project and provided weekly themes to keep us motivated to look for different subjects. And I also appreciate the kind words and encouragement from the various viewers who stopped by Lew’s Pics.

I posted about 650 photos, a large number of them taken in our house and yard. Most were taken in Frederick County. About a hundred were birds and animals, including our cats, the ever-present squirrels and deer that visited a couple of times. Clouds and sunsets were another favorite subject. I have been partial to landscape photography all my life, so there were a lot of shots of farms, rivers, and hills of Frederick County. On looking back over the year, I noticed that I posted only a few photos of people. In recent years, I mostly took pictures when we were with family. There are bunches of family pictures (both 35mm film and digital) of birthdays, Christmas, graduations, and an occasional wedding. With the impetus of Project 365, I took around 10,000 digital photos in 2008. Here are links to a few of my 2008 favorite posts:

Jan 8 -
Marianne
Aug 21 -
Another butterfly
Oct 22 -
Signs of autumn (the ladybug photo)
Nov 1 -
More fall colors (second photo)
Dec 28 –
Sunset from the cornfield

For 2009, I am going to continue posting, but change my routine. I want to improve my knowledge and skill with the Nikon 40DX to take advantage of more of its features. Most of the photos to date were taken in AUTO mode. I used the “auto focus/exposure lock” feature to control depth of field and exposure, but few of the other features. I expect to plan more photo excursions for particular subjects and take more photos on one outing; and then post results over several days.

And finally, two photos more photos from December 2008.

Squirrel on fence - December 5, 2008

View from my window - December 31, 2008

5 comments:

Cindy said...

I really enjoyed your year in pictures, Lew. You have a great eye.

Anonymous said...

Ever learning, ever growing. That's the best way to continue!

I love the view from your window. The wood makes a great frame.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Lew: Best wishes as you continue through 2009 with your photos.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your success with your project. I really like that second photo - very striking.

wishing you the best in 2009.

SandyCarlson said...

These views are wonderful. Just wonderful. Thanks, Lew!