Sunday, June 15, 2008

Day 167 - Remembering Dad


Dad - age 91, a few months before he died

My Dad was a quiet person with a lot of interests, Family, church, gardening, science and photography. His profession was physics professor and he remained active with the college in retirement as professor emeritus (which gave him a good seat at my eldest daughter's graduation.) Dad's interest in photography began before I was born and I don't remember family events without him having a camera in his hands until near the end of Mom's life. He left a lot of slides, albums and rolls of negatives, which I hope to digitize.

Dad and my eldest at her graduation

Dad, Mom and me, 1987 (photo by Marianne)

Dad taking a picture

2 comments:

Gawdess said...

great pictures!
I liked seeing them and reading about your dad!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful photographic legacy! :)