Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Day 156 - Storm clouds at sunset

We had some severe weather pass through here this afternoon, with lightning, high winds and almost an inch of rain at our house. There was more damage in the DC area and south and east of DC with trees down and many power outages. I went out after dinner to look up and got rain drops in my eyes. Then at 8:30 I tried again and got these shots, looking to the southeast. I did see some lightning in the dark, distant clouds, but the sun shining through the clouds created a nice effect.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lew, these are glorious pictures. I wish that I could frame them and put them up on my wall. They moved me.

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

Beautiful sky pictures. I kept hearing about those storms in DC all afternoon yesterday on CNN (?)-I think it was CNN. Glad you made it through okay. It sounded really terrible.

You have a great blog here. Thank you for stopping by mine. It's nice to meet you.