Sunday, February 19, 2012

Verified words? - 17-th edition

Verified Words are new words created by blogger to test our ability to decipher strange fonts (and foil the spammers). Occasionally, blogger provides a real word when I comment on your blogs. I will post new editions in place of "Odd Shots" for a while. Here are three more of my definitions along with the suggestions of dictionary.com and wikipedia. First edition was posted as Round 1. Today's words:

schlable
dictionary.com - NOT a word, suggested "scalable".
wikipedia - NOT a word, suggested "scalable".
Lew's definition: schl-ble - Word game where words MUST be mispelled.

wakewedr
dictionary.com - NOT a word, suggested "vecture".
wikipedia - NOT a word, suggested "Wakemed".
Lew's definition: wake-wed-r - What happens when you sleep in the rain.

witgra
dictionary.com - NOT a word, suggested "vitra".
wikipedia - NOT a word, suggested "wingra".
Lew's definition: wit-gra - Pill for limp humor.

A note about the references I find on dictionary.com and Wikipedia. With a random grouping of letters, some real words will appear. In some cases the "words" will have meaning in another language or will be a person's name or a real place. No disrespect or insult is intended by my use of these "words". "Wakemed" is a real medical organization in Wake County, NC.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Love your sense of humor. :))
Regarding Verified Words...have you or any of your readers gotten verified words lately that seem "next to impossible" to read or even "guess"..??
I am having a hard time proving I'm not a robot on a lot of people's blogs because of Word Verification. Frustrating...

imac said...

Lew - you've done it again - great work on words.well done.

aurbie said...

Love that Lew humor. I hate word verification, although I use it. I don't want to be spammed. It does seem that some of the sites have WV that is getn hrdr,