Thursday, November 12, 2009

Verified words? - 10-th edition

Here are more of the "word verifications" I spotted while commenting on blogs; along with my impression of their meaning. Each one has been verified against dictionary.com and wikipedia. First edition was posted as Round 1. Today's words:

untru
dictionary.com - NOT a word, suggested "untrue"
wikipedia - NOT a word, suggested "until"
Lew's definition: un-tru - most of the arguments about healthcare reform

phyphyli
dictionary.com - NOT a word, suggested "hyphal"
wikipedia - NOT a word, suggested "pamphylia"
Lew's definition: phy-phy-li - What the Yankees said after game 6.

etrod
dictionary.com - NOT a word, suggested "trod".
wikipedia - NOT a word, suggested "etrog".
Lew's definition: e-t-rod - a 1940 ford equipped for travel to Mars and beyond.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Well I assent to but I dream the brief should have more info then it has.