Sunday, September 28, 2008

Day 272 - Yellow crane

In my travels today I spotted this crane parked in Frederick. These kinds of things fascinate me and it is yellow fitting Karin's theme for the week. WO Grubb is a company specializing in heavy steel erection. The main boom (below) was on a second truck, and a jib (not pictured) was on another trailer. The main boom has a height of almost 200 ft. and a lift capacity of 550 tons. The jib can extend the height another 240 feet. A smaller crane (right in 3rd photo) was also parked with this monster. I don't know if this is going to be used in Frederick or was just passing through, but I will keep an eye out for it in action.


1 comment:

Gawdess said...

my husband and most of my kids ae huge fans of large equipment too and these look very large!